To add a personal touch to your bathroom, you need bathroom vanities with tops that add to the overall style and aesthetics. In other words, you must customize the vanities and cabinets you install in your bathroom. A customized vanity can give your bathroom a luxurious appeal and provides extra space to keep your toiletries. There are several benefits of customized bathroom vanities, and here are some of the factors you need to know when you design a bathroom vanity.
Table of Contents
Is it cheaper to buy or build a vanity?
When evaluating the cost of building versus buying a prefabricated vanity, you first need to consider that prefab vanities do not have any special features. If you add these to a pre-designed vanity, the prices will increase. According to experts associated with the company manufacturing bathroom vanities near Meridian Hills, IN, the cost of installing a budget-friendly vanity in a bathroom can range between $400 to $5000. The factors to consider when you are evaluating the price of customized and prefab bathroom vanities are as follows:
- Perfect for your requirements and aesthetic sense: One of the reasons for customizing your bathroom vanity is that it will be designed to fit your needs perfectly. Say, for instance, you have children in your home, then you can opt for a bathroom vanity with wooden pull-outs on which your children can stand, giving them an additional height. This will make it easier for them to reach the wash basin and see their faces in the mirror. However, you might need help finding such a feature in a prefab bathroom vanity. When you customize the vanity, you can add such a feature enhancing the utility of the vanity. Secondly, the personalized bathroom vanities are priced higher than the pre-furbished ones as these are designed precisely per your requirements. When you customize a bathroom vanity, your designer will consider your aesthetic sense, overall design, and the room’s color scheme. As a result, the price will be higher than a pre-furbished one.
- Customized vanity provides extra storage: When you customize a bathroom vanity, you can choose the design and the size of the countertop, backsplash, and cabinet. This makes storing the toiletries easier, and in the long run, you will find that a customized bathroom vanity is more functional than a pre-furbished one. If you plan to remodel a bathroom in your house, it is a good idea first to understand the items you will likely store in the bathroom. You will find that there are always some extra toiletries and other similar items that you tend to keep elsewhere in your house, which proves to be quite inconvenient. When remodeling your bathroom, why not build a vanity with suitable cabinets and storage drawers so you can place the extra toiletries there? Thus, even if the cost of customized bathroom vanity is higher than a pre-furbished one, you will find that in the long run, it is more valuable because of the extra storage space.
- Customized vanity can make your bathroom beautiful: A pre-furbished bathroom vanity will not add any extra appeal to the bathroom. When you are designing the vanity, it adds a personal touch to the bathroom and makes it more attractive. As interior designers associated with manufacturers of custom bathroom vanities in Indianapolis, you can add specialized hardware, designer faucets, and cabinets when you customize a bathroom vanity. A customized vanity will be unique to your bathroom, and unlike the large cabinets you will find in prefabricated vanities, it will make your bathroom look beautiful. Most homeowners mention that it adds to the overall aesthetic appeal of their homes, and it can even help increase the resale value of their houses. Thus, you will find that you can easily recover the cost of adding a customized vanity in your bathroom in the long run.
A customized bathroom vanity is higher than a prefabricated one, but it would be wrong to consider the price alone. When comparing the cost of the two items, you must consider the utilization and the functionalities. Undoubtedly a customized bathroom vanity is more advantageous compared to a prefabricated one. As you design the vanity, you can choose the items you need to be a part of the vanity, making the investment worthwhile.
Can a customized vanity add to the functionality of the bathroom?
When it comes to functionality, you will find that a customized vanity offers more storage and is more aesthetic than a prefabricated one. You do not have to worry about storing toiletries elsewhere in the house and you can now store it in the bathroom. You will find that it becomes easier keep items like extra towels and bathrobes in the bathroom with a customized vanity.
When you think of it as an investment, you will find that the return on investment is also high because if you want to sell your house in future, you will find that the customized vanity can prove to help improve the valuation of your home. Thus, instead of installing a prefabricated vanity in your home’s bathrooms, you can install customized ones, as these will prove to be excellent investments in the long run.
How much does it cost to build a custom bathroom vanity?
The cost of building a customized bathroom vanity will depend on the items you want to include in the installation. A simple bathroom vanity costs much less than a more complex one with an extended countertop, backsplash, and cabinets. The price will be higher when you opt for bathroom vanities with tops made of specialized natural stone, granite, concrete, and other materials. Thus, the cost will increase or decrease depending on the materials you select and the items you want to install. Here are some of the factors that you need to consider while you are evaluating the cost of building a customized bathroom vanity:
- When installing a bathroom vanity, you need to consider the labor charges for building and installing the vanity. For that, you need to discuss the expenses with experts, which can differ from company to company.
- The first thing you must consider when building a customized bathroom vanity is the size and material of the countertop. For instance, if you opt for a porcelain countertop, the price of the material can range from $10 to $20 per tile. Similarly, if you opt for a concrete tile, the cost can increase from $65 to $135. Finally, if you opt for a composite material for the countertop, it will be pretty expensive, and you will have to pay $75 to $150 per tile.
- The next thing you must consider while building the vanity is the cabinets. When calculating the cost, you must factor in the cabinets’ design, size, and shape. If you plan to build simple cabinets and a chest of drawers, building one such cabinet can range from $60 to $100. You will have to add to this the type of wood you select. If you are building plywood cabinets, the cost can range from $40 to $100. However, if you want cabinets made of poplar wood, you will find that the price has increased from $100 to $300. Thus, depending on the material with which the cabinets are made, you will find that your budget for building the cabinets for the custom vanity has also changed.
- Finally, you will need to check the cost of the backsplash. Although this will be a part of the installation process, you must factor in the backsplash cost while calculating the cost of building the bathroom vanity. If you select a backsplash made of marble or porcelain, the prices will be higher. Compared to that, if you install a laminate backsplash, it will cost much less.
Thus, when you calculate the cost of building a customized bathroom vanity, you must first calculate the cost of the items that form a part of the vanity. If you include exclusive items such as hardware that will give the bathroom a vintage appeal, then the cost of the customized vanity will be higher.
According to manufacturers of bathroom vanities near Meridian Hills, IN, it is essential first to get an idea of the investment you want to make in designing the customized bathroom vanity. After that, you can discuss with the designer the items you can include in the installation. The two most essential things in a bathroom vanity are the countertop and the cabinets. You must ensure that these are made of the best quality materials and are ideal for the design and interior of your bathroom. Once you are satisfied with the pricing of these two items, you can work with the cost of the other vanity parts.
What are the benefits of a customized bathroom vanity?
If you plan to install a customized bathroom vanity in, say, the bathroom attached to the master bedroom of your house, it is natural to wonder about the benefits of the investment. You will find that many homeowners prefer customized bathroom vanities instead of prefabricated ones, as these tend to last longer. You can install a personalized bathroom vanity which is used regularly. You will find that the vanity lasts longer and will not have to worry about getting it repaired. In other words, you will find that customized bathroom vanities are long-lasting. According to manufacturers of custom bathroom vanities in Indianapolis, some of the other benefits of installing customized bathroom vanity are as follows:
- Covering the plumbing: One of the reasons for using customized vanities is that you can protect any plumbing that remains exposed in your bathroom. Irrespective of whether your bathroom is big or small, some plumbing will protrude out of the wall. These pipes might seem ungainly in an otherwise perfect bathroom. A prefabricated bathroom vanity will not cover all the plumbing. When you customize the vanity, you can design it exactly as per the shape of your bathroom and hide all the plumbing behind the cabinets.
- You will get the best craftsmanship: When you opt for customized bathroom vanities, you must hire experts who understand your vision and develop the vanity precisely as you want. You will find that when you hire experts, they will use the best quality materials to build the various parts of the bathroom vanity. As each part of the vanity is manufactured with extra care and additional interest is given to each detail, you will find that the vanity lasts for a more extended period. When you compare the longevity of a customized bathroom vanity to a prefabricated one, you will find that the customized one lasts longer.
- The easiest way to increase the valuation of your home: As mentioned earlier, it is one of the easiest ways to increase the value of your home. If you plan to remodel or renovate a section of your home to increase its value, you should begin with the bathroom. While you are remodeling the bathroom, install a customized bathroom vanity, which is bound to increase the valuation of your home.
Thus, you will find that installing a customized bathroom vanity is essential to ensure that it is designed as per your requirements. Moreover, you will also find that it is one of the most enjoyable experiences. You can discuss with the designers to select the best vanity design for your bathroom, and once it is installed, you will find that the entire look of the bathroom has changed.
Custom bathroom cabinets near Indianapolis
When you install a customized bathroom vanity, you will find that you can make maximum use of the space available. If you want to know the best vanity design for the bathrooms in your home, then you should contact us at Rines Design. We will help you find the perfect cabinetry and bathroom vanity that meets all your expectation. We will provide you with the best designs for selecting the cabinets, knobs, drawers, and color schemes ideal for your bathroom.
If you want the best bathroom vanity design, call us.